Control Panel Design and Fabrication
UL508A Panels, UL698 Panels, and CUL Control Panels
Established in 1981, Applied Chemical Technology (ACT) designs and fabricates control panels including UL 508A approved control panels. Whether the need is for something as simple as a single motor control with a start and stop push button or as complicated as a multiple control loop system with PLC controls and graphic interfaces; our engineers, electricians, designers, and programmers have the experience to produce the control needed at an economical price. Our UL 508a shop occupies about 2,000 square feet within our total fabrication space of 40,000 square feet.
Each control panel fabricated at ACT is built to the same quality and attention to detail for which we are known. Before ever leaving our facility, our panels undergo extensive testing including Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT). Not only is our shop qualified to build UL 508a panels, but we manufacture UL698 panels for hazardous areas to meet Class 1 or Class 2, Div 1 or Div 2 standards for potentially explosive conditions.
Types of Control Panels:
- Motor Control Panels
- Electrical Power Systems
- PLC Panels
- HMI Panels
- Remote I/O Panels
- Operator Stations
- Combination Starters
- Soft Starters
- SCR Control Panels
- Animal Feed
- Food and Fragrance
- Pulp and Paper
- Waste to Energy
- Mining and Minerals
- Oil and Gas
- Government and Military
Control Panel Building, Testing and Standards
Control Building Capabilities:
- UL and CUL Listed Panels
- NEMA and IP rated Panels
- Standard and Specific Use Panels
- Small Equipment
Control Panel Testing:
- Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Site Acceptance Testing (SAT)
- Power - voltages below 600 VAC
- 50/60 Hz
- NFPA 70E
- IEC 60204-1
- Arc Flash Calculations/Labeling
- Short Circuit Calculations/Labeling
- Others as necessary
Our Approach to Your Control Panel Requirements
Each control panel project, whether large or small, receives the quality and attention for which ACT is known. Each project is assigned a project manager who is available as a facilitator to ensure project quality and efficiency. The project manager helps the client through the process that best fits their needs depending on the level of detail provided at each step. We welcome client input and participation throughout the process.
- Identification of Scope of Work - All of our projects start by identifying the scope of work. This may be accomplished by something as simple as a phone call or something as involved as a site visit, depending on the difficulty of the project.
- Quote or Estimate Based on Your Scope of Work – The project may be turnkey with a fixed cost or billed on a time and materials basis. The project manager and client work together to identify the approach that best fits the client’s needs.
- Estimated Time Frame – The time required for project completion is estimated when the project proposal is submitted to the client.
- Panel Design and Fabrication
- Factory Acceptance Testing
- Optional Installation, Start-up, Site Acceptance Testing, and Training
ACT does not stop working for you after the control panel is installed. We are available as needed by the client for technical support by phone, Internet or field technician.